Friday, April 18, 2008

laundry

I did a large load of my husband's T-shirts yesterday. When he got home he thanked me but that did not satisfy me. I had expected him to jump for joy that he now had 15 clean shirts to wear and rejoice at seeing old shirts he had forgotten about. I thought he would think it close to a miracle that I had washed all these shirts. Later yesternight I realized I had these expectations and was attached to the ecstatic outcome I expected from him. I realized that and consciously let that go. Instead I reoriented my focus on the fact I did something nice for my husband and wouldn't have to go scrounging for shirts early in the morning before heading off to work. I also then found it funny that such a menial thing like laundry could affect me so if I let it.

No comments: