Thursday, August 14, 2008

so fuckin happy

As I sit here, reflecting & basking in recent experiences, I can honestly say this time in my life is the happiest I have ever been. More so than my wedding day which society labels the happiest day of your life. I could cry from joy.

The apartment is now so easy to clean.

Aaron's into his second week at a job he's loving.

The farm job is the first ever job where I don't feel it's a job. I feel like I am getting paid to have fun & learn.

My body is getting in good shape quickly from the farming & biking routine.

I have successfully abstained from alcohol even when Aaron buys some.

I work 4 extra hours a week to earn a weekly bag of seasonal, organic veggies, eggs, garlic & etc which has made our eating habits way healthier.

I have family here that I actually like, get to see a lot & have fun with.

So thank you Spirit, God, Allah, Yahweh, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Me, for this peaceful, beautiful period in my life.

And thank you for this Ranch Dip Recipe! I've been making my own ranch so give it a shot if you want something better than the store's:

* approx 1/4 cup Spectrum Naturals Eggless Vegan Light Canola Mayo
* approx 1/4 cup Organic Valley sour cream (a bit less than the mayo)
* tad bit of water to thin it
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
* 2 chopped garlic cloves
* dash of cayenne pepper
* dash of onion powder

Ingredients can be adjusted to taste.
The longer you let it sit, the more the flavors seep throughout. I just finished eating it with farmed tomatoes, lemon cucumbers and carrots, divine!

No comments: