Thursday, August 7, 2008

wax & wane

Lately I had been feeling stuck. As though life & my learning was moving at a snail's pace and I was impatient to get moving already. In March, April, May and beginning of June my life felt like such a whirlwind of change & progress, all of which ebbed & settled into what I have now. Now I am okay with that. In my head I had these plans to start massage school right away, and the more into the year I saw that may not happen, the more irritated & concerned I became. It will happen one day, just not as soon as I had planned. Until then, I should not and will not let that sully the perfect days I am living at the moment.

I appreciate now the slower, comfortable pace of the snail. I am not lacking or wanting anything. The part-time jobs I now have are perfect for me. I do not even consider the farm to be work since it's just so much fun & fulfilling for me. Babysitting a 2 yr old & 5 1/2 year old for 9 hours is work, but I enjoy that as well, and am learning quite a lot from it. Plus, it benefits my cousin's family nicely.

My husband just got a job that is second best to what his dream job is, and can still support both of us very comfortably.

So now I will take this time to appreciate the nuances of this less chaotic life.

2 comments:

Teresa R Hernandez said...

Thank God ....see my comments on the day you received the bad news...I'm glad life is improving a day at a time...I enjoy your RESILIENCE. Teresa

LoveLightPeace said...

Hello Teresa :) I like how people we don't know or will never meet still resonate deeply with our experiences. Thanks for your previous comment & support. And kudos to you for getting through that rough move yourself. Kids & pets in tow!

-Lea