Wednesday, November 5, 2008

throwing in some politics



Obama victory sparks cheers around the globe

By JOHN LEICESTER, Associated Press Writer

PARIS – Barack Obama's election as America's first black president unleashed a renewed love for the United States after years of dwindling goodwill, and many said Wednesday that U.S. voters had blazed a trail that minorities elsewhere could follow.

Read Rest Here

_____________________________

When it came to American politics, I was a jaded, cynical, wants-to-move-to-Sweden kind of person. I have a negative association with the word "hope." I had no faith in American people. So damn, last night and this morning I am filled with love, hope, and elation. I love the word hope now. I believe change can really happen again. And I have to give mad props to Barack Hussein Obama who flipped my hope switch on. I did not think that was possible. No, I do not think he is going to solve even half of our problems, but I want to and am going to try my damnedest to help out.

No comments: