Friday, February 27, 2009

“You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.”

I forgive everyone, including myself.

Forgiveness is the most powerful thing you can do for yourself on the spiritual path. If you can’t learn to forgive, you can forget about getting to higher levels of awareness.

-Dr. Wayne Dyer


I visited Dyer's Daily Inspiration page as it's a very nifty way to get moment-pausing quotes that help you stay aligned with a more peaceful path. This quote is definitely something I want to keep in my life. It can be very hard to follow but it is worth every effort made to live up to it. Recently a certain someone popped into mine and Aaron's life again. This person is the only known person who can easily & unknowingly push Aaron buttons, which pushes my buttons. This person has spread who knows what sort of sordid stories against Aaron to his family & whoever will listen, which again, pushes me to anger and pettiness. These past couple days all I want to do is confront this person, and lay a list of complaints at their feet. But it's not my place to do that, nor is it productive.....or forgiving.

Intellectually I know this person hates themself. This person has no love for themself, and it manifests in destructive ways against themself and others. But I obviously haven't realized this yet. Where is my compassion? Where is my forgiveness? Just writing that brings tears to my eyes. Where is it? For this person, I don't know. I need to work on it; I want to work on it.

I want to have love and compassion and forgiveness for those that tend to anger me most.

I find that those who strike against the ones I love most are the ones I have the hardest time forgiving. Thanks goodness those strikers are few in number, eh?

But those that strike are also the ones that have the least love for themselves. I've seen that. I need to know it now.

Writing this out has helped immensely. I didn't realize how much anger was festering against this person. And now it feels deflated, which is nice & comforting.

*Title quote is from Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

No comments: