Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reiki I

Today was "wow"! I had my Reiki I class from basically 9:30AM to 5PM. I wasn't too aware of what Reiki was except that it had to do with universal energy work. So in class we went over some of Reiki's history, some basic chakra stuff and a couple meditations. We took a break for lunch. When we reconvened our instructor gave us an attunement which is basically a guided meditation with the aid of "beings of light" and the instructor performing a few things on each person.

For the most part during this attunement it felt like a deep, relaxed meditation. Nothing was happening out of the ordinary that I couldn't do with a self-meditation at home. It was near the very end when the instructor went around to each of us again and performed a few things, completing the circuit, that I had my Holy Shit moments. I was sitting on a chair with my hands in front of my heart in a prayer position. I then started to breath quicker than the long, deep breaths we were taking. I started to feel a quiver start in my abdominal area, and spread down to the medial & inner sides of my legs and up my chest. This quivering feeling only got more intense. It escalated to the point where the affected areas had that pins & needles feeling multiplied by 100. It was intense. I felt this intense energy heavily rolling in & up my stomach and pulsating in & on my legs. My face was affected too though not as strongly. Meanwhile I'm thinking Holy Shit over and over, then thinking maybe I should stop thinking Holy Shit.

Next our guide was instructed to come to me (all of us) and present me with a gift. I asked my guide (just a brightness) if this intense engery & what I was feeling was safe. I was told it was very powerful and very safe. Then I was presented with a seedling. Our instrucor told us to put our gifts to our hearts and a few other things, and then it was finished. Slowly that intense feeling dissapated.

We all shared our experiences. I was first and I didn't mention my gift since I was focusing on the Holy Shit aspect, but the people after me mentioned their gifts. So when we were on break I asked my instructor if she has any interpretation of her own what my gift may mean (since she offered her guess to others). She said that my intense experience sounded like some major grounding to my body & earth for me; then she said the seedling sounded like I had a deep connection to nature, which I affirmed. She wanted to know if I had looked into any shamanic healing practices.

Now remember that psychic reading I received from a deep tissue instructor a few weeks ago? During that reading I was told that I had a Native American shaman by my side who could work through me to heal. I was advised to look into studying shamanic healing practices. It just so happened that we had an introduction book around the apartment about that, and I've been reading it. My husband and I even practiced the first step (discovering your power animal).

So I relay this to my Reiki instructor. She says she has a Reiki friend she practices with who is also a shamanic practitioner. He (the friend) is going to start offering workshops on shamanic practices (which my instructor wants to take as well) and said she'd let me know when they start if I was interested. I told her I was; she has my contact information.

We finished up class by doing Reiki on eachother with a partner and discussing that.

It was a fascinating class with fascinating experiences.

No comments: